If you would like to donate to join the fight for racial equality, please consider the organizations below:
Legal Aid, Action, and Prison Reform
- NAACP Legal Defence and Educational Fund seeks structural changes to expand democracy, eliminate disparities, and achieve racial justice in a society that fulfills the promise of equality for all Americans.
- Southern Poverty Law Center is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality
- Equal Justice Initiative litigates on behalf of condemned prisoners, juvenile offenders, people wrongly convicted or charged with violent crimes, poor people denied effective representation, and others whose trials are marked by racial bias or prosecutorial misconduct. EJI works with communities that have been marginalized by poverty and discouraged by unequal treatment.
- Bail Project, Inc combats mass incarceration by disrupting the money bail system ‒ one person at a time.
Minnesota Freedom Fund pays criminal bail and immigration bond for those who cannot afford to as they seek to end discriminatory, coercive, and oppressive jailing.
Workforce Development, Social Support, and Human Rights Advocacy
- Black Lives Matter Foundation helps survivors and families that have suffered the loss of a relative or loved one as a result of a questionable, unjust, or unlawful shooting by law enforcement or others. In addition, they help assist the children of those victims with scholarships, educational assistance, career guidance and personal psychological counseling if needed.
- ACLU Foundation is the forefront of defending, preserving, and advancing the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantee every person in this country. Whether it’s achieving full equality for LGBT people, pursuing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age of widespread government surveillance, ending mass incarceration, or preserving the right to vote or access to women’s healthcare, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues.
- Urban League of Nebraska is an empowering voice in the community advocating for economic self-reliance, parity, power, civil rights and equal opportunity for all. By targeting our services to primarily meet the needs of African-Americans, the ULN has contributed to the advancement of civil rights, economic equality, fair employment, equal opportunity in education, addressing disproportionate minority contact in the criminal and juvenile justice systems, and other racial justice issues.
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow is creating the next generation of high impact diverse leaders by equipping high potential minorities with the winning playbook and personalized coaching needed to reach their potential and maximize their impact at every stage of their careers.
- We Are All Human is are devoted to diversity & inclusion as a way to achieve equity. They convene the network of progressive leaders and inspire and facilitate collective action.
- Year Up is committed to closing the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
Research and Education
- Campaign Zero by We The Protesters is a data-informed platform that presents comprehensive solutions to end police violence in America. It integrates community demands and policy recommendations from research organizations and President Obama’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing.
- Unicorn Riot is a decentralized, educational non-profit media organization of artists and journalists. Their work is dedicated to exposing root causes of dynamic social and environmental issues through amplifying stories and exploring sustainable alternatives in today’s globalized world.
- Race Forward is a racial justice institution with a powerful track record of advancing equity in multiple issue areas. Their mission is to build awareness, solutions, and leadership for racial justice by conducting research, media, and practice.
- Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies world to inform and illuminate the nation’s major public policy debates through research, analysis, and information dissemination in order to improve the socioeconomic status of Black communities in the United States; expand their effective participation in the political and public policy arenas; and promote communication and relationships across racial and ethnic lines to strengthen the nation’s pluralistic society.
- Human Rights Watch defends the rights of people worldwide. They scrupulously investigate abuses, expose the facts widely, and pressure those with power to respect rights and secure justice. Human Rights Watch is an independent, international organization that works as part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all.
- Amnesty International is a global movement of ordinary people committed to an extraordinary mission: to mobilize millions of people around the world to protect the rights of all people to live free from violence and injustice.